Tuesday 15 December 2020

Wedding Tradition, Why is the wedding cake tiered

I think this is going to be the last wedding tradition of 2020!! 

This time it's all about the cake and why is it tiered! 

It has always been tradition for cake to play a part in a wedding, but originally, guests would bring small cakes and place them in front of the couple. They would then kiss over the pile of cakes to guarantee future prosperity!

The tiered wedding cake originated at the wedding of Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany in 1882.

The cutting of the cake is a focal point at any reception today, a tradition rooted in history when the first cut was made by the bride to ensure the marriage would be blessed by children.

I hope you have found these wedding traditions interesting! It's always fun to find out why we do the things we do at weddings!

These wedding photographs were taken at Ringwood Hall Hotel in Chesterfield and Whitley Hall Hotel in Sheffield

If you are getting married and would like to know more about my wedding photography packages then just get in touch or you can visit my website where you will find all the information about my pricing and packages! www.fsimaging.co.uk

Find me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/fsimagingwakefield

Give me a follow on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/fsimagingwakefield/