Wednesday 25 November 2020

Why do we throw Confetti?

It's the middle of the week slump and I feel the need to post another wedding tradition! At least by the end of all this Covid stuff we will all know a bit more about where traditions come from for weddings ðŸ˜‚

Todays tradition is why do we throw confetti?

Traditionally, rice was thrown at the newly married couple to encourage fertility, but it was the Victorians who first used shredded paper which is a much better thing to be throwing, I can't imagine trying to get rice out of your hair, as paper confetti is hard enough!

Personally as a wedding photographer throwing confetti is a great scene to photograph, everyone gets really involved and the more confetti you have the better as it really adds to the photos!

If you are planning your special day and would like to know more about what wedding photography packages I do please just get in touch or visit the website where you can find all the information on the packages I have to offer! www.fsimaging.co.uk

Find me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/fsimagingwakefield/

Give me a follow on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/fsimagingwakefield/