Tuesday 11 August 2020

Why does the Bride throw the Bouquet?

I just love Wedding Flowers, whether they are fresh, silk or faux I just love them!

Following on with the Traditions theme I have had a look into why we have flowers at a wedding and also why the Bride throws her Bouquet and it's quite interesting!

Traditionally the bouquet wasn’t carried down the aisle just to look pretty, but to mask the bride’s odour as in Victorian times baths were something that didn't happen very often 

Another idea is that the scents of fragrant flowers were used to ward off evil spirits and there were even bouquets made of herbs and garlic to ward off the spirits too. 

Traditionally, the bride throws her bouquet, and it comes from a French 14th century tradition, where the groom would throw the bride’s garter into the crowd, but this quickly changed to the more civilised alternative of throwing a bouquet! 

It is said that whoever catches the bouquet will be next to be married so all the single ladies get ready to catch the bouquet!

I hope that you found this interesting as I did!

For more information on the wedding photography packages I have to offer please visit wwwfsimaging.co.uk

Find me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/fsimagingwakefield/

Give me a follow on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/fsimagingwakefield/