Saturday 8 August 2020

Why do Brides wear a veil?

So you all know how I love a veil!!

However did you know the tradition behind it! I didn't so I thought I would have a look into the traditions that go with weddings!!

There are a few reasons why brides traditionally wear veils and it's not just so that I can make some awesome wedding photos (unbelievable I know!)

The Veil was thought to hide the bride’s beauty and wards off evil spirits!

Another reason could be that during the times of arranged marriages the bride’s face would be covered until the groom had committed to the marriage!!

Oh, and after your wedding, don’t let your friend try on your veil! It’s supposed to mean she’ll run off with your husband and that would not be a happy time!!

I hope you liked my little traditions post, I have been finding out alot about wedding traditions so I might be posting a few more!

For more information on the wedding photography packages that I have to offer please visit www.fsimaging.co.uk

Find me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/fsimagingwakefield/

Give me a follow on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/fsimagingwakefield/