Friday 16 October 2020

Why the Bride stands to the left of the Groom

I feel another wedding tradition coming one 😀😀

As you know weddings are steeped in traditions and I like to find about about them!

This time it's about why the Bride stands to the left of the Groom so here goes!

The bride stands to the left of the groom during the wedding ceremony so that the groom can protect her with his left arm and use his sword with the right.

Traditionally, the groom would need to fight anyone who was trying to steal his wife – mostly members of her own family, since it was common for them to think she’d be “stolen”!

I hope that doesn't happen at any weddings that I have the pleasure of photographing!

If you are planning your wedding and would like to find out some more information about the wedding photography packages I have to offer you can visit my website here www.fsimaging.co.uk

Find me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/fsimagingwakefield/

Give me a follow on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/fsimagingwakefield/